The South African Schools Debating Board invites all suitable candidates to apply for a position on the panel of selectors that will select the South African Schools Debating Team to attend Cape Town Worlds 2012. National Trials will be held in Johannesburg from 08 December – 11 December 2011, with selectors arriving the evening of Wednesday the 7th December and departing on the afternoon/evening of Sunday the 11th December. Selectors will be housed with Gauteng-based selectors/debating union members. National selectors are unpaid and will be responsible for their own travel arrangements and travel costs.
Selectors will be responsible for the following:
– Selecting the National Team to attend Cape Town WSDC 2012
– Giving extensive constructive feedback to trialists after each debate
– Engaging in active coaching sessions with trialists (this may include giving a workshop if requested to do so)
Your application should comprise the following:
– Your name and contact details
– A brief CV indicating your past involvement in debating
– A brief written motivation
Please submit applications on or before Friday 11 November 2011. The panel will be announced on 14 November 2011. No late applications will be accepted. The SASDB reserves the right to change any elements of this procedure should it see fit.
Please email all questions and applications to the following email address:
Brandon Almeida: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward this email on to anyone else who might be interested in applying
to be a selector.
Brandon Almeida and Vashthi Nepaul
SA Coaches: Cape Town Worlds 2012
084 592 9966