Please note that any applicants that wish to be selected as the Shadow Coach will need to meet the following criteria:
– Must be available for National trials from the 8th to the 11th of December 2011 in Johannesburg.
– Must be able to attend training from the 9th to the 17th of January 2012, also in Johannesburg.
Attendance at Worlds is optional, but if an applicant is successful and is not already attending, then they will have to organise their own accommodation and will only be able to attend to watch the debates.
Applicants are required to submit:
1) A CV and brief motivation;
2) An outline of their plans for the next 2 years (where they'll be, what they'll be doing, etc);
3) A coaching plan outlining their ideas for training sessions, etc.
The deadline for applications is: Wednesday the 16th of November. Applicants should please send their applications to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NEC will vote on the applications we receive and the appointment will be announced on Wednesday the 23rd of November. In addition, please can you forward this to whoever else you think will be interested. We are really pushing hard to receive as many applications as we can this year!
Tristan von Zahn
South African Schools Debating Board
083 293 0880