Adjudicators gathered together after the tournament for a selection meeting.
Judges reviewed ballots from the matches throughout the day and the overall
results. This was the first year where the team was selected through panel
discussions. The discussions were lengthy. After much deliberation, these are
the learners that will form part of the Limpopo delegation at the South African
National Schools’ Debating Championships 2013 (SANSDC 2013).
1. Thandiwe Mailula (PEPPS College Polokwane)
2. Victoria Mothapo (Noorderland High School)
3. Eric Seabela (Northern Academy Secondary School)
4. Mapitsi Tladi (Eagle’s Nest Christian School)
5. Amukelani Makhubele (Hanyane Thomo High School)
6. Faith Makhubele (Hoërskool Louis Trichardt)
7. Maanda Phathela (Hoërskool Louis Trichardt)
8. Dire Masebe (Eagle’s Nest Christian School)
9. Andisa Phuravhathu (Mitchell House College)
10. Isaiah Ramakgolo (Noorderland High School)
11. Blessing Phathela (Hoërskool Louis Trichardt)
12. Manoko Poopedi (PEPPS College Polokwane)
13. Panashe Furasa (Mitchell House College)
14. Alexia Madziwo (PEPPS College Polokwane)
15. Manare Legodi (Taxila Secondary School)
1. Rudzani Ramabulana (Hoërskool Louis Trichardt)
2. Molatelo Moiloa (Florapark Comprehensive High School)
3. Lethabo Kekana (Eagle’s Nest Christian School)
4. James Bopape (PEPPS College Polokwane)
5. Phuti Senyatsi (Northern Academy Secondary School)
6. Tshegofatso Masenya (Capricorn High School)
7. Tanik Wiggil (Hoërskool Louis Trichardt)
8. Mashoto Mphahlele (Florapark Comprehensive High School)
9. Divhani Muvhango (Eagle’s Nest Christian School)
10. Ketsi Phaladi (Capricorn High School)
11. Norma Monama (Noorderland High School)
12. Miles Ilhora (PEPPS College Polokwane)
* Reserves will be called upon in the event that one of the junior speakers
cannot attend the national tournament.
What happens now?
The SANSDC 2013 will be taking place at the University of Witwatersrand
from the 6th to the 12th December. It is important that you confirm your
availability with your parents or guardians for this week.
Registration for the tournament is not open as yet. So I cannot give any
indication of costs at the moment.
In the mean time, I need each debater to provide me with the following details:
- Email address
This is just to ease the flow of information. Teachers will continue to receive
information from me. Please ensure that I receive this information on or before
Wednesday, 11 September 2013.
As soon as registration opens, I will be able to provide more complete information about the tournament and travel arrangements.
Additionally, remember that training will start around mid-October and end around the end of November. A letter will be sent out confirming training dates and venues once finalised.
If you have any questions regarding the selection process please contact:
Isaac Moselana (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kgoagelo Mpya (email@example.com)