The South African Schools Debating Board invites all suitable candidates to apply for a position on the panel of selectors that will select the South African Schools Debating Team to attend Worlds 2013.
National Trials will be held in Johannesburg from 06 April – 09 April 2012, with selectors arriving the evening of Thursday the 5th April and departing on the afternoon/evening of Monday the 9th April. Selectors will be housed with
Gauteng-based selectors/debating union members.
National selectors are unpaid and will be responsible for their own travel arrangements and travel costs.
Selectors will be responsible for the following:
– Selecting the National Team to attend WSDC 2013
– Giving extensive constructive feedback to trialists after each debate
– Engaging in active coaching sessions with trialists (this may include giving a workshop if requested to do so)
Your application should comprise the following:
– Your name and contact details
– A brief CV indicating your past involvement in debating
– A brief written motivation
Please submit applications on or before Thursday 16 February 2012.
The panel will be announced on 1 March 2012. No late applications will be accepted.
The SASDB reserves the right to change any elements of this procedure should it see fit.
Please email all questions and applications to the following email address:
Tristan von Zahn: firstname.lastname@example.org