The South African Schools Debating Board invites all suitable candidates to apply for the positions of assistant national coach. Two assistant coach positions have been opened.
In preparation for worlds 2014 all 12 South African trialists will attend international tournaments. Trials will be held to select the official South African Team which will represent South Africa in an official capacity. In addition to this team, the remaining trialists will be divided into SA “A” teams. Given this structure, the responsibilities of the assistant coaches will include:
– Assist in training the trials squad. A training camp will be held from the 21ndof March to the 24th of March. An on-line training program has already been established. Successful applicants will need to be involved in this program as well.
– Act as a national selector. Trials have been schedules from the 26th of April until the 1st of May.
– Coach and accompany one of the SA “A” teams on an international tour.
Your application should comprise the following:
– Your name and contact details
– A brief CV indicating your past involvement in debating
– A brief written motivation
Please submit applications on or before Thursday 31st of January 2013.
The successful candidates will be announced on the 3rd of February 2013. No late applications will be accepted.
The SASDB reserves the right to change any elements of this procedure should it see fit.
Please email all questions and applications to the following email address:
Luke Churchyard: LChurchyard@fnb.co.za
Please forward this email on to anyone else who might be interested in applying for this position.